How To Apply For College
A Step-by-Step Guide to Applying to College:
1. Start the College Application Process.
2. Complete the FAFSA.
3. Fill Out the Common App.
4. Write a Standout College Essay.
5. Ask for Recommendation Letters.
6. Learn the Ins and Outs of Financial Aid.
7. Decipher College Tuition Costs.
8. Find Scholarships to Pay for College.
Here is a link to an article that is a more complete guide to applying to colleges:
College Application Help
Seniors applying to college can receive help from counselors in room E-9 during lunch every Tuesday and Thursday in the months of October and November.
Here is a link to a list of scholarships you can apply for:
How To Write A Resume
If you have any questions or would like someone to look over your resume or practice interviewing with you, please see
Mrs. Ruesga or Ms. Lahey in the library
1. One page in length (max three)
2. Avoid spelling or grammar errors and watch your tenses
3. Avoid the first person pronouns
4. Send your resume as a PDF
5. Label your resume file correctly
6. Format in a logical structure and make sure it’s easy to read
7. Keep it organized, visually appealing, and consistent
8. Don’t include references in resume
9. Use a professional email (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
10. Don’t list everything you’ve ever done
Here are some links to websites that can give you more tips and help you write a good resume:
Here is a link on how to write a cover letter:
How To Have A Successful Job Interview
Here are some links to websites that can give you more tips and help you have a successful interview:
How to rehearse for a job interview:
How to dress for an interview: